NordicTrack Commercial 1750 Review
Upgraded for 2015, the popular NordicTrack Commercial 1750 Treadmill is more powerful and engaging than ever. Its 7″ touchscreen lets you access 38 built-in workout apps and surf the web — plus you can attach your tablet computer to use additional apps. The Commercial 1750 has a 3.8 HP motor, a spacious track with incline/decline, and advanced cushioning.
The Commercial 1750 is a great deal when on sale and all the parts are under warranty for five years or longer.
- Tablet Option:
- Workout Programs:
- Incline & Decline: The NordicTrack 1750 treadmill deck inclines up to 15% and declines by up to 3%. Using this feature is a great way to boost your metabolic rate, quickly develop muscle tone, and keep boredom at bay! It’s especially fun to use with iFit videos and interactive Google Maps workouts. Also, exercising on a slight slant can be a good choice for people with joint trouble; it shifts your body weight and relieves pressure on the knees.
- Motor: The newer Commercial 1750 Treadmills have powerful yet quiet 3.8 CHP drives. NordicTrack treadmill motors are sold with lifetime guarantees.
- High Speed: With a top speed of 12 mph, this NordicTrack is one of the fastest available. It’s ideal for runners and is excellent for interval training, especially when combined with the automated incline and decline.
- Tread Belt: Enjoy a high quality and roomy 60″ x 22″ workout area. The track is 2″ wider than most, and the length is just right for runners. The belt is smartly designed for quiet operation and longevity.
- On/Off Track Cushioning: NordicTrack Runner’s Flex cushioning is designed for competitive runners. When the cushioning is activated, the physical shock of exercise is reduced by about 30%. If you’d rather replicate the feel of running on asphalt, just toggle the cushioning to “Off.”
- Wireless Heart Rate Monitoring: A complete Polar® wireless system is included. A chest pulse strap sends a continuous reading to the display to help you stay in your optimal training zone for faster results. You can also get a heart rate reading by squeezing sensors built into the treadmill handlebars.
- Two Fans: Keep cool and exercise for longer. AutoBreeze fans, which adjust to your workout pace, are built into the console and accessory tray to cool your face and body.
- SpaceSaver Technology: This machine can be folded upright for easing storage. EasyLift telescoping technology makes folding the treadmill simple and easy, despite its weight. Unfolded, the machine measures 76″ L X 38.5″ W X 73″ H.
- High Capacity: This sturdy unit has a 300 pound maximum user weight.
- Warranty: A newer and more generous warranty for the Commercial 1750 includes a lifetime guarantee on the motor and frame, five years on parts, and two years of service.
The Commercial 1750 has a 7″ web-enabled touch screen. The screen not only shows your workout data, but also lets you catch up on email, read the news, or stay connected with friends on social media.
Use your own fitness apps or stream video at eye level. A removable bracket can hold your own tablet computer above the console, not blocking the workout screen.
Reach your goals efficiently with help from personal trainers! The newest version of the Nordic Track Commercial 1750 is loaded with 38 workout programs, all designed by a certified personal trainer. You can choose from speed training, interval training, calorie burn and heart rate control workouts. For even more variety and personalization, you can use the Commercial 1750 with fit. (A subscription is required.) iFit uses your home’s wireless Internet to stream data for the treadmill. One benefit is that you can download personalized workouts designed by certified personal trainers. iFit also works with Google Maps technology, so you can draw a route and virtually experience its ups and downs with your treadmill. You’ll have the option to chart your fitness progress and get customized health tips too.
What We Don’t Like:
Customer reviews of the NordicTrack Commercial 1750 report that set-up can be unwieldy. Several people might be needed to move and assemble the machine. Paying extra for professional set-up could be well worth it.
NordicTrack earns a very enthusiastic review for the newest Commercial 1750 Treadmill. This popular model is even better than the original – now with Internet access, a wider belt, a stronger motor, even more programming, and a more generous warranty.
If you are looking for something with a little bigger motor and screen then check out the NordicTrack Commercial 2450. It’s similar to the unit in this treadmill review but has a 15″ HDTV and a 4.0 CHP motor. It is also priced a little higher but may be worth it for the more serious user. In the end, for the price of this machine it is definitely something we recommend as one of our top machines.